Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday Roundup

A few favorites and no duds from Monday's commenting.

Favorites, in no particular order:


I needed a minute with this comment from SavetoFavorites in the Brain Trauma post, but that may be because I have some as-yet-undiscovered brain damage. I'm glad I got there in the end, it's good for a chuckle.

Here's a dig at Tony La Russa from Raysism in the Brad Keselowski post. I really don't want to create a surplus of these, but I am almost always going to laugh at a good Tony La Russa joke. And it's ridiculous, because I have no particular interest in Tony La Russa. I really don't care one way or another about the guy. For whatever reason, Tony La Russa's alcoholism is funny. I can't explain it.

This funny wordplay joke from Eddie Murray Sparkles in the Brandon Roy post is good for a chuckle. That's a pretty fucking unexpected pun, right there. I'm dumb enough that I needed three or four tries before I caught on. Good shit.

Here's your Comment of the Day, from IronMikeGallego in the Christmas List post. That's really wonderful. Deadspin is great. These jokes happen in realtime, and there's something genuinely jarring about the possibility that this joke might never have been made if IronMikeGallego hadn't made it right then in that post. If he'd flubbed it or failed to put it together today, there might never have been another circumstance in human history where this joke would have made any sense, and that's . . . yep, I'm insane. That's happened to me, though, where I've thought of what was probably a terrible joke a great joke several days later (that's about how long it takes me to come up with jokes) and known instantly that there would never, literally never be another circumstance in my lifetime when I'd be able to make that joke and have it be relevant. It should come as no surprise, then, that I spend my time stalking your jokes, instead of just fucking making my own. I am a total head-case.

Total Fucking Duds

There were whole threads full of duds today. I just didn't have the strength. No duds! A perfect day!

Rock DUAN.

1 comment: